When most people talk about “air quality,” they’re referring to the air outside. Unfortunately, our air quality in the Central Valley is some of the worst in the nation. But, air quality issues are probably closer to home than you might think. There’s a good chance that your home’s indoor air quality is even worse.
- Dust Mites: Dust is all around us. Microscopic dust mites live in it, and you’re likely breathing them in whenever you’re in your home. These mites can trigger your allergies and make you feel sick.
- Pollen & Allergens: Some of that springtime pollen found here in Fresno follows you indoors. Trapped in your home, it endlessly recirculates through your air ducts, bringing the misery of allergy season indoors.
- Pet Hair & Dander: We all love our pets, but their pet hair and dander can end up making us feel miserable. Airborne pet dander and hair can trigger your allergies and result in degraded indoor air quality.
- Mold & Mildew: If you have a mold or mildew problem, it’s not just confined to that one area. There could be mold spores in your home’s air. In addition to treating the mold, you’ll need to remove it from your air.
- Viruses & Germs: The air in our homes contains countless airborne viruses and germs, each with the potential to make us sick and infect family members. Only a UV filter can truly kill or deactivate these germs.
- VOCs: These are aerosol particles released by all kinds of products: cleaning sprays, woodworking tools, and more. Breathing in all these chemicals can have negative impacts on your heath.
Indoor air quality is important. It’s why the IAQ experts at Allbritten install whole-home air purification systems from APCO—a leading manufacturer of air purifier equipment.