Insulation, duct repairs & energy upgrades.
Our whole-home energy audit can help identify where your home is wasting energy. But, our work doesn’t stop there. We can help you make your home more energy-efficient, which leads to improved comfort and lower cooling and heating costs.
- Insufficient Insulation: If your walls or attic do not have sufficient insulation, you could be wasting energy—and money—every month. Our team can measure your current insulation levels and install more, if needed.
- Drafty Windows: Over time, small air leaks can form around the window or window frame, leading to energy waste and drafts easily entering your home. With our air leak test, we’ll note any window or door leaks.
- Leaking Air Ducts: Tiny pinholes in your home’s air ducts can lead to heated and cooled air escaping into the attic of your home. Your cooling and heating systems then have to work harder to produce more comfort.
- Inefficient HVAC Systems: As they age or run into problems, HVAC systems generally start to run less efficiently, needing more energy to provide the same amount of cooling or heating as before. You may need to upgrade systems.
- Air Leaks: Just like your windows, air leaks around your home’s front or back doors can lead to significant energy waste and drafts. Our team can install weatherstripping to cut down on this loss of energy.
- No Ductwork Insulation: If your home has ducts that travel through uninsulated spaces of your home—such as your attic or your garage—they could be wasting significant energy. We can insulate these ducts to cut down on waste.
Our certified energy specialists will work with you to implement our recommendations and put your home on the path to a much more efficient future. Among other projects, we seal air ducts, add insulation, upgrade HVAC systems, and install high-efficiency water heaters.
Ready to get started? So are we. Fill out the form on this page or give us a call to schedule service.
Adding insulation to your home’s walls and attic can save you big money on your cooling and heating bills. During our summers, insulation helps keep hot air out and cold air in, boosting the energy-efficiency of your air conditioner.
In both old and new homes, a lack of wall insulation can be a major source of energy inefficiency.
Allbritten can add insulation to the exterior walls of your house with minimal disruption to your family and home.
Your home’s attic insulation prevents cooled or heated air from rising and escaping through the roof of your home. It also prevents outdoor temperatures from getting into your living spaces. If your home has insufficient insulation, you could be paying a lot more for cooling and heating that you should be.
Our team can help. We can measure your current attic insulation and determine if you need more. We then can add that insulation so you can start saving.
As your home settles and shifts, small gaps are sometimes exposed around and under exterior doors. Not only is this a place for cool air to escape in the summer, but these openings can also allow pests into your home.
Our team will seal around your doors to ensure there’s no airflow.
Air Duct Sealing
As time passes, your home’s air ducts eventually develop small cracks, fractures, and pinholes. Sealing them can make your home much more efficient.
During our home energy audit, we’ll test your home’s ducts and take note of any places where they lose pressure—a sure sign that there’s a crack, hole, or gap between the ducts. If this is the case, we’ll recommend you have our team seal the ducts.
For this, we pinpoint where the air leaks are occurring and then access that piece of ductwork and seal the leak. Once we’ve dealt with all the leaks in your ducts, we’ll run our test again to confirm that the ducts are now properly holding air.